This course still requires in person training. However, in completing this course most of your time will be spent at home working on your computer. There is no such thing as “All Done Online, never touch a manikin” AHA BLS Class that gets you the authentic AHA BLS card.
Easy steps to complete the certification process:
- Register for FAST CPR’s American Heart Association BLS eLearning course from the schedule below. Fee covers the all portions of the course, including skills testing.
- Complete the eLearning Course at your own pace, in the privacy of your own home.
- When you pass the eLearning course, print your completion certificate and bring it to FAST CPR to take the American Heart Approved Skills Training.
- Practice the skills on a rubber dummy (Part 2) and get tested (Part 3).
- Receive your two year American Heart Association BLS Provider card at the end of part 3 (skills test) at our office before you leave.
With this course, you can stay home and do a chunk of the course and reduce your classroom time.
This course still requires humans to give class participants, that are required to take this class, their skills training when participants show up to our facility on the appointment day for their skills session. There is no such thing as fully online AHA BLS course. You can't learn CPR or any other physical skill by just pressing a keyboard.
However, when taking this version of the BLS course, you get to spend a substantial chunk of your time in the comfort of your home working on the eLearning course on your computer, while food is cooking and with your laptop next to the coffee. This method of training will reduce your classroom time to some extent and your time around class participants compared to a typical class. If you need to be staying home, for doing multiple things, studying, hitting the books for licensing exams or what ever reason, please do sign up for this course.
Pros: Training with a partially online course is flexible. You can take as long as you need with the eLearning. What is the rush, if you are at home with a cup of coffee? When all that is done, allocate about an hour for skills. But skill session times will also vary, because training real people in physical skills does not work like pressing buttons on a microwave. Everyone's skills and abilities would be different in any case even if anyone tried to teach them rock, paper and scissors. However, again, we are just letting you know that you will spend less time around humans and during the classroom session if you do a chunk of all this at home in advance. But don’t stress out getting out the scientific calculator, coming up with theories of relativity or time and space. We are just giving you training options so you can meet your requirements and go save lives. All different ways of training we offer are great, we have taken the necessary steps. Every class we offer comes with specific products, this one comes with eLearning.
Cons: People taking the course must be self-motivated and do part of the course ahead of time. This course requires participants to be able to follow instructions, work on tasks to completion and read instructions etc. One must have a computer that is not Jinxed, that does not give one excuses not to do the online course and tell us it's all computers fault. One must finish the online course ahead of time before the skills testing date chosen below. So this course won’t work for people who say they will do it, but who won't. It also won't work for people who say they are going to be there for skill session on time, but who won't.
Tips: We have offered this course longer than anyone in the state and we have helped thousands. So here are some tips for you. If you decide to do this course, sign up at least three days in advance. Start on the online course right away and finish it. Don’t wait to work on it until up to the last seconds before the skills session class like some people do, otherwise additional fees apply. This means we can't help those that show up to our facility with an incomplete online course or pretend like they didn't know there was even an online part. You must bring us that online course completion certificate on the skill training date or we can't help you meet this job requirement.
This course will requires being familiar with how to use a mouse, knowing how to get around in a internet browser etc. Do not sign up for this course if every computer you ever used did it's own thing, instead of doing what you wanted it to do.
Fast CPR does not offer refunds once the registration is complete.
AN ELECTRONIC TEXTBOOK IS ALSO INCLUDED WITH YOUR COURSE! To access your textbook, just click that book icon that will be in your eLearning course.
Below are the skill session dates. If you enter your email address correctly during registration, you will receive an automated email with the online course link and other details. To sign up, please pick a skills session date that is at least three days into the future.
After the registration, please make sure to read your registration confirmation email for important class related information. Being on time is required.
- Friday, November 6, 2020 at 12:00 PMFast CPR - Pacific Safety Academy in Downtown Honolulu: 1188 Bishop Street Suite 1110, Honolulu HI 96813
- Friday, November 13, 2020 at 12:00 PMFast CPR - Pacific Safety Academy in Downtown Honolulu: 1188 Bishop Street Suite 1110, Honolulu HI 96813
- Friday, November 20, 2020 at 12:00 PMFast CPR - Pacific Safety Academy in Downtown Honolulu: 1188 Bishop Street Suite 1110, Honolulu HI 96813
- Friday, November 27, 2020 at 12:00 PMFast CPR - Pacific Safety Academy in Downtown Honolulu: 1188 Bishop Street Suite 1110, Honolulu HI 96813